The following important dates apply to the 2014 Municipal Election
Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014
- Nomination and Campaign Period commences.
Tuesday, Sept. 2, 2014
- Revision Period commences (September 2 – October 27)
- Posting of Preliminary List.
Friday, Sept.12, 2014
- Nomination Day (9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
- Withdrawal of Nominations before 2:00 p.m.
- Deadline for application to remove another elector’s name from the voter’s list (September 2 – 12, 2014).
- Election Signs are permitted to be placed after 2:00 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 15, 2014
- Certification of nomination forms before 4:00 p.m.
- Acclamation(s) after 4:00 p.m. Proxy Vote
- Certificates – commence to issue (September 15 – October 27, 2014)
Friday, Sept. 19, 2014
- Issue Certificate of Maximum Campaign Spending Limits to candidates.
- The Clerk shall prepare an interim list of changes made to the preliminary voters’ list and give a copy to each certified candidate.
Tuesday, Oct. 14, 2014
- Remote Voting Period commences at 12:00 a.m.
Thursday, Oct. 23, 2014
- Remote Voting Period ends at 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 18, 2014
- Advance Voting – 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Locations to be finalized in September)
Monday, Oct. 27, 2014
- Voting Day, voting places open at 10:00 a.m. and close at 8:00 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 30, 2014
- Official Results: The Clerk will publically declare the elected candidates
Wednesday, Dec. 31, 2014
- Notification to the Clerk of a Deficit and Continuation of Campaign Period.
- The campaign period automatically ends on December 31, 2014. If a candidate expects to have deficit as of December 31, 2014, and wishes to continue fundraising to eliminate the deficit, the candidate must notify the Clerk in the prescribed form on or before that day.
Friday, Mar. 27, 2015
- Deadline for filing financial statements. Statements must be received by 2 pm